Pasta with Wild Mushroom Sauce
Per serving: 194 calories, 2 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 37 g carbs, 744 mg sodium, 11 g protein, 3 g fiber
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds wild mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon picked fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Madeira wine
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock, or low-sodium canned, skimmed of fat
- 8 ounces whole-wheat tagliatelle pasta
- 6 ounces baby spinach
Place the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl, add 3/4 cup boiling water, and let sit 30 minutes. Strain; coarsely chop mushrooms; set aside. Pour liquid through a coffee filter to strain; set aside.
Place the wok over high heat; add olive oil. When hot, add shallot and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add the reserved porcini mushrooms, wild mushrooms, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring continuously, until softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add Madeira wine, reserved porcini soaking liquid, and chicken stock; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta; cook until al dente. Drain; add to mushroom sauce with spinach. Stir until combined and spinach is wilted. Serve.