Bibb and Parsley Salad with Anchovy Dressing
This is an easy parsley salad with an anchovy kick. We recommend using flat-leaf (or Italian) parsley for a more intense flavor.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head of Bibb or Boston lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
In a large bowl, mash the anchovy fillets with the back of a fork. Whisk in the lemon juice, olive oil, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce and parsley. Toss to combine.