Under 30 Minutes
Linguine with Shrimp and White Wine
Everyone needs a delicious, 20-minute pasta recipe in their repertoire, and this shrimp version is sure to become a favorite.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces linguine (about a 1/2-inch-wide handful)
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, melt half the butter over medium. Add garlic and pinch of red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Raise heat to medium-high; add wine. Cook until reduced by 1/3, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; swirl in lemon juice and remaining butter. Add pasta and toss to combine. Serve topped with parsley.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2009