Roasted Cauliflower with Pasta and Lemon Zest
The lemon zest perks up this earthy, salty pasta dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into small florets (about 7 cups)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup salt-packed capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces dried orecchiette (ear-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss together cauliflower, onion, capers, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast, stirring halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and browned, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain.
Toss hot pasta with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the parsley, and lemon zest. Add cauliflower mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.