Asian Noodle Salad with Chicken and Cilantro
Keep your cool in the kitchen with this no-cook noodle salad. The star of this recipe is the Vietnamese-style sauce, with ginger, garlic, jalapeno, rice vinegar, and sugar.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2009
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat if desired)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded (from 1 whole chicken), room temperature
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) cellophane (bean-thread) noodles, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add jalapeno, ginger, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and vinegar and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, at least 15 minutes (or up to 1 week).
Combine chicken, noodles, cucumber, and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.