Rosemary-Lemon Chicken with Vegetables
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves, (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 2 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, stems trimmed, washed and dried well
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a blender, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper. Puree until marinade is smooth. Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish or large resealable plastic bag. Pour half the marinade over chicken (reserve other half for vegetables); toss to coat. Let marinate 15 minutes at room temperature (or cover dish with plastic and refrigerate up to 24 hours). Lift chicken from marinade, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Discard marinade.
Meanwhile, on another large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and mushrooms with reserved marinade; season generously with salt and pepper.
Place both baking sheets in oven, with chicken on top rack. After 20 minutes, rotate sheets from top to bottom; 10 minutes later, scatter tomatoes over vegetables. Continue roasting until chicken is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part, avoiding bone, should register 165 degrees., and potatoes and mushrooms are tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
Set aside about a third (3 cups) of the vegetables to cool; cover with plastic, and refrigerate to use later for Baked Egg Custard with Cheese. Serve chicken with remaining vegetables and, if desired, garnish with rosemary sprigs.