Seared Salmon and Greens
Nutritious salmon, whole grains, and a side of greens will fill you up with the good stuff.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2009
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 4 teaspoons canola or peanut oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 to 5 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 head bok choy (1 1/2 pounds), cored and chopped
Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, and agave, if using. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Season salmon with salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
In same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium. Add garlic and bok choy; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until bok choy is bright green, about 3 minutes. Serve salmon and bok choy with rice and soy-lime sauce.