Mediterranean Salad with Artichokes, Penne, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Pasta plays a supporting role in this filling Mediterranean salad, while canned artichoke hearts, feta, and white beans share the spotlight.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2008
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head romaine lettuce (1 1/4 pounds), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts (water-packed), drained and quartered
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta until 1 minute short of al dente. Add sun-dried tomatoes, and cook until tender and pasta is al dente, 1 minute more. Drain pasta and tomatoes, rinse under cold water, and drain again; transfer to a large bowl.
Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, and 1 tablespoon water; season with salt and pepper.
Add pasta and tomatoes, romaine, beans, artichoke hearts, and feta; toss until combined, and serve immediately.