Crinkled Lace Cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, cream, and salt. Cook, stirring, until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in almonds and flour.
Working in batches of 6, place teaspoons of batter about 2 1/2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
Let cookies stand until they can be lifted without breaking, 3 to 4 minutes. Quickly fold and shape as desired. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.