Under 30 Minutes
Kale, White Bean, and Prosciutto Crostini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 bunch kale (about 8 ounces), stems removed, leaves torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, the vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Add beans, and toss to coat.
Arrange prosciutto in a single layer in a large saute pan. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Add remaining tablespoon oil, the garlic, and red-pepper flakes to pan, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add wine and kale. Cover and cook, stirring once, until wilted. Stir in bean mixture and prosciutto, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon onto baguette slices, and drizzle with oil.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, January 2008