Fried Rice with Ham
Use up leftover rice in this delicious one-dish meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2004
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces ham, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked rice
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat; swirl to coat pan. In a small bowl, lightly beat together eggs, 2 teaspoons water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour into pan; cook, pulling in egg from edge of pan, until set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; when cool enough to handle, cut into strips.
In pan, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ham and rice; season with salt. Cook, stirring often, until very hot, about 5 minutes.
Add vinegar, peas, and eggs; cook until very hot, about 2 minutes.