Fluke Seviche with Coconut
Fluke lends itself to lively preparations, such as this seviches "cooked" with citrus and combined with coconut and lime.
- Servings: 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2006
- 5 ounces fluke, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly shaved fresh coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon thin strips lime zest
Stir together the fluke and lime juice in a small bowl. Refrigerate until fish is opaque, at least 30 minutes (up to 2 hours). Stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.