Shaved cucumber slices are quickly pickled in this refreshing side salad.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- 6 Lebanese or Japanese cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick (or substitute 2 English cucumbers), unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Toss cucumbers and salt in a medium bowl. Mix vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, and water in a bowl. Add to cucumbers. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in dill just before serving.