Pasta with Marinated Tomatoes and Lobster
Chunks of succulent lobster meld with heirloom cherry tomatoes and basil, making an otherwise familiar mix of late-summer flavors seem revelatory. A dollop of peppered mascarpone cheese provides a lavish finish.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2008
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat (from one 2-pound lobster), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds golden and red heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons salt-packed capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound dried pennoni giganti, rigatoni, or other short tube-shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Cook oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes in a small skillet over low heat until garlic turns light gold, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
Place lobster, tomatoes, capers, 1/2 cup basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Stir in garlic mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water, and drain. Meanwhile, mix mascarpone and pepper in a small bowl. Add pasta to lobster mixture. Stir in remaining cup basil, and serve with peppered mascarpone on the side.