Pecan Pie with Cream Cheese Crust
Our tangy crust pairs well with the rich pecan-and-butterscotch filling. This is an intermediate-level recipe.
- Yield: Makes one 9-inch pie
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 10 ounces pecan halves (2 3/4 cups), toasted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Pie Crust
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Set aside 16 pecan halves for garnish; coarsely chop remaining pecans. Stir together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Stir in chopped pecans, and pour mixture into prepared piecrust, spreading evenly. Garnish edges with remaining pecan halves.
Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake, rotating halfway through, until filling is just set and crust is golden brown, about 90 minutes. (Tent with foil if nuts are getting too dark.) Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.