Under 30 Minutes
Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Vegetables and Peanut Sauce
For a quick Asian sauce that takes almost no time to prepare, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces snow peas, tough strings removed
- 3 medium carrots, halved, and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 container (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add snow peas, carrots, and tofu to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
In pasta pot, stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Add reserved pasta mixture; toss gently, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats spaghetti (you may not need all the water). Season as desired with salt and pepper. Serve.