Any favorite dried fruit can be substituted for the cherries.
- Yield: Makes 8 cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, pecans, cherries, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine oil, honey, and sugar. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle syrup over oat mixture; toss with a wooden spoon. Pour granola onto sheet pan and spread evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden (about 25 minutes). Let granola cool completely on a wire rack. Break it into chunks and store in an airtight container.