- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and spread shredded coconut on top. Bake until toasted. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Decrease oven temperature to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment; set aside. In a large bowl, toss together oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together honey and butter; pour over oat mixture. Stir well. Spread onto sheets. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Break up granola; sprinkle with raisins and toasted coconut. Store in airtight container.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 1998