- 1/2 recipe (1 disk) Basic Pie Dough, rolled out and fitted into a 9-inch pie plate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. with rack set in lowest position.
Using kitchen shears or a paring knife, trim dough to a 1-inch overhang. With floured fingers, fold overhang under itself to form a rim; pinch between thumb and forefinger to form a uniform edge around rim of pie plate. Crimp with fingertips. Transfer dough-lined pie plate to refrigerator.
Make filling: In a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth; mix in pecans. Pour mixture into chilled pie crust; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until filling jiggles slightly in the center when gently shaken, 50 to 60 minutes.
Cool pie completely in plate, 5 to 6 hours. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2006