Spring Salad with Tangy Vinaigrette
The dressing for this easy-to-assemble salad can be made up to three days in advance.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest and 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head radicchio, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate up to 3 days.)
When ready to serve salad, place lettuce, radicchio, scallions, and tomatoes in a large bowl; add vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.