Organic Lettuces with Fig Vinaigrette
- Reserved poaching liquid from Oven-Poached Figs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cups salad greens
- Oven-Poached Figs, for serving
- Soft ripened cheeses, (such as Camembert or goat cheese), for serving
Cook reserved poaching liquid in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to consistency of syrup (about 2 tablespoons). Let cool completely.
Whisk reduced liquid, vinegars, and shallot in a small bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Toss greens with vinaigrette to taste. Serve immediately with figs and wedges of cheese.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 2005