These elegant and crunchy little bundles are much easier to make than they look.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 ounces feta cheese, lightly crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 phyllo sheets, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Squeeze out excess water from spinach, and add spinach to eggs. Fold in breadcrumbs, feta, scallions, dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a clean work surface. Brush phyllo lightly with oil, and lay another sheet on top. Repeat layering phyllo sheets until all are used. Cut the stacked sheets into four squares.
Gently press phyllo squares into the four outer cups of a nonstick cupcake pan, being careful not to tear bottom. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach mixture into each lined cup. Gather excess dough at top of each filled cup, and twist to seal.
Bake bundles in oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.