1 of 13
Cross-stitch is one of the easiest stitches to master, and we've created fun clip-art motifs that you can take anywhere. Gather your supplies -- you don't need many -- slip them into a pouch for convenient toting, and take your crafts show on the road.
Capture your family in cross-stitches with a family portrait or a more elaborate family tree. Doodle and play around with hairstyles and accessories before putting needle to cloth. Even just a few stitches for a baby in a carrier adds a lot of personality. Frame and hang the cloth (and leave a little extra space in case your family grows).
Print the Family Portrait Clip ArtHow to Make the Cross-Stitch Family Portrait
(This PDF has 19 pages. Make sure to print only the pages you need.)
2 of 13
It's a cinch to cross-stitch: Use the weave of fabric called "aida cloth" to make X-shaped stitches in neat rows. Frame your menagerie in four- and five-inch wooden embroidery hoops. For added polish, give the hoops a coat of primer followed by high-gloss enamel spray paint. If you're stitching single-color designs, you'll find it easier to make the outline first.Learn How to Cross-Stitch
4 of 13
Make a big impression with a small bird silhouette.
Print the Cross-Stitch Bird Clip Art
5 of 13
Add a lovable bunny to your whimsical little sampler.
Print the Cross-Stitch Bunny Clip Art
6 of 13
Decorate your cloth with a cute creature using our clip art.
7 of 13
Place a curious kitty in the center of your sampler.
8 of 13
Give your favorite dog lover a personalized gift.
Print the Cross-Stitch Dog Clip Art
10 of 13
Cross-Stitch Fashion Items
11 of 13
Cross-Stitch Kitchen Tools
Surprise your favorite foodie with a stylish sampler full of kitchen tools.
12 of 13
Cross-Stich Needle and Thread
Reflect your passion for sewing with a small-scale design.
Print the Cross-Stitch Needle and Thread Clip Art
13 of 13
Turn any design into a cross-stitch pattern by printing our grid onto acetate.
Print the Cross-Stitch Grid Clip Art
You Just Viewed
Customizable Cross-Stitch ProjectsReplay
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Decorate with Brass
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- The Barest Simmer
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- A Blueprint for Color