Kids will love to rest their sleepy heads on these soft sweater-animal pillows from Cate & Levi crafter Josh Title.
Tools and Materials
- Pillow Pal pattern template
- Felted wool sweaters or scraps
- Embroidery needle and threads
- Sewing machine
- Wool stuffing
- Hand-sewing needle and thread
Pillow Pal How-To
1. Print template; cut out front and back body pieces from one or two different color sweaters. Cut out face piece from a contrasting color.
2. With embroidery floss, satin-stitch the animal's eyes and nose into the face piece, as indicated on the template.
3. Position face on front body piece, 1/4 inch from top edge. Pin and top-stitch face in place with an 1/8-inch seam allowance.
4. With right sides together, pin the front piece to the back piece. Stitch around shape with a 3/16-inch seam allowance, leaving an opening at the bottom for turning. Turn right-side-out and steam-press seams. Stuff body generously with wool stuffing, using a chopstick to push the stuffing into tight spaces. Stitch the opening closed by hand.