Chad Robertson of Tartine Bakery in San Francisco loves to dunk pieces of freshly baked bread into the bakery's vinaigrette, made with shallots and herbs. Recipe and image reprinted with permission from "Tartine Bread," by Chad Robertson, with photographs by Eric Wolfinger.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1/2 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2011
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each finely chopped fresh thyme and tarragon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk together shallot, grainy mustard, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, thyme, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in oil.