Embellish any lampshade with this whimsical punched-paper liner.
- Roll of kraft paper or other inexpensive paper
- Barrel lampshade
- Scissors or craft knife
- 60-pound white paper, enough to fit around lampshade
- "Classic Butterfly" Punch All Over the Page punch
- Permanent double-sided adhesive roller
- Colored vellum, enough to fit around lampshade
- Bone folder
- Lamp base fitted with low-wattage bulb
Wrap kraft paper around shade; starting at seam, mark around top and bottom of shade with a pencil. Cut resulting shape from kraft paper.
To create lampshade liner, trace kraft paper shape onto 60-pound white paper. Align white paper to inside of lampshade and trim slightly, if necessary.
Punch white paper liner with "Classic Butterfly" Punch All Over the Page punch. Put punched butterflies aside.
Use double-sided adhesive to attach colored vellum to white liner; trim vellum to match liner. Slide inside shade; use double-sided adhesive to attach to shade, if necessary.
Score punched butterflies down middle; adhere to outside of shade with double-sided adhesive
Place lampshade on a lamp base fitted with a low-wattage bulb.