Lustrous, unique flower-bead lapel decorations for the groom and groomsmen can be made well ahead of time -- and will also make a lovely memento of the day.
For each boutonniere, we used 1/2- to 3/4-inch mother-of-pearl flower beads, combining 5 to 7 blooms. To pin the boutonniere on securely, make sure the pin is inserted into the floral tape that wraps around the stems.
- Thread a tiny round bead (ours was 1/8 inch) onto a 9-inch length of white craft wire. Bend wire 1 1/2 inches from end, catching bead.
- Twist wire a few times to secure, and trim short end of wire.
- Continue making wired beads so you have one for each 1/2-inch flower and three for each 3/4-inch flower.
- Thread flower onto beaded wire or wires, pulling up to within 1/8 inch of round beads.
- Twist wires together below bloom. Arrange flowers into a bouquet, and wrap stems with white floral tape about an inch from blooms. Wind one stem around all the others, just beneath tape; trim stems so they're even. Tie bow over tape with 1/8-inch satin ribbon.