Green Beans with Mushrooms and Toasted Almonds
A healthy side of steamed green beans and mushrooms is finished with crunchy, toasted almonds.
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Source: Mad Hungry, December 2010
- 2 pounds trimmed green beans
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 whole scallion, thinly sliced white and green parts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
Blanch green beans for 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
While the green beans are blanching, place large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and unsalted butter. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sliced scallions, saute 1 minute more. Pull green beans out of water and carefully add to pan.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and finish with 1/2 cup toasted almonds. Serve.