Anytime Oatmeal Cookies
Print our clip art labels and adhere them to an 18-ounce oatmeal canister for easy gift-giving. (And keep a few for yourself, too.) Bonus: The recipe is printed on the back.
- 1 cup cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a bowl. Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture. Mix in oats, then raisins.
Using a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop (or 1 tablespoon), drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each scoop about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, January 2011