These handmade beeswax candles shine a warm light on any birthday celebration.
Tools and Materials:
- Sheets of beeswax, in pink, clcs.com
- Letter-shaped cookie cutters
- Hair dryer
- Cotton candlewick, clcs.com.
1. For each candle, cut out 4 of the same letter from beeswax sheets, using cookie cutters. If the wax is hard to handle, soften it using hair dryer (on low).
2. Make 2 stacks of 2 letters.
3. Press a toothpick vertically into 1 stack.
4. Vertically press in the end of the candlewick above the toothpick, so the toothpick and the wick meet. Trim wick to 1 inch above the top of the letter. Press second stack of letters down on top, sandwiching toothpick and wick between them; press to join the stacks of letters together.