- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Photography: Anna Williams
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Spring
- 3 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Melt chocolate in heatproof bowl set over pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
Sift sugar, cocoa, and salt into a large bowl. Put cream cheese and butter into mixer bowl; mix on medium until fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add sugar mixture; mix until combined. Mix in melted chocolate and sour cream. Use immediately, or refrigerate airtight up to 2 days; bring to room temperature, and stir before using.