Summer Squash Tart with Olives
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (each 12 by 17 inches), thawed if frozen
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together herbs, garlic, and 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss zucchini and squash with 1 tablespoon oil in a separate bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Unfold dough; cover each sheet with a clean, slightly damp kitchen towel. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with butter. Press 1 sheet of dough into baking sheet. Lightly brush dough with butter. Repeat, layering remaining 5 sheets dough and brushing each with butter.
Spread herb mixture over dough. Spread zucchini and squash on top; top with olives. Bake until edges are browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut into 6 pieces; garnish with oregano. Leftover pieces can be refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 1 day.