Turkey Kebabs with Cabbage Slaw
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2010
- 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- 1/3 cup malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless turkey thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds total), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, oil, and sugar; season mustard sauce with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/2 cup to another large bowl, add turkey, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
To remaining mustard sauce, add cabbage, carrots, and onion. Toss to combine and season slaw with salt and pepper.
Thread 3 to 4 pieces turkey onto each of fourteen 6-inch skewers. Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high; lightly oil pan. In batches, grill kebabs until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Reserve 6 kebabs and 2 cups slaw for Turkey Wraps. Serve remaining kebabs with slaw.