Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms and Thyme
This recipe for beef tenderloin with mushrooms and thyme comes from Martha Stewart Living, December 2006.
- One 4- to 5-pound beef tenderloin, tied
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- Shallot-Brandy Sauce
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, and brown on all sides.
Toss mushrooms with remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and thyme sprigs to skillet; place in oven. Cook until beef registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, 18 to 20 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with mushrooms and shallot-brandy sauce. Garnish with thyme.