Cathal Armstrong's Tartar Sauce
This recipe for tartar sauce, a perfect dipping sauce for Battered Cod, is courtesy of chef Cathal Armstrong.
- Yield: Makes enough for 4 servings
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March Winter 2007
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, cornichons, shallots, capers, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.