Warm Summer Squash Salad
This dish can be made with only zucchini or only yellow squashes (instead of both) by using two pounds of either.
- Yield: Serves 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2009
- 3 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 medium zucchini (1 pound), very thinly sliced
- 4 medium yellow summer squashes (1 pound), very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, plus sprigs for garnish
Coat a large skillet with oil. Add a third of the garlic, and heat over medium-high heat until sizzling, 1 to 2 minutes. Add a third of the zucchini and yellow squashes, and cook until just wilted and browned around edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat twice with remaining garlic, zucchini, and yellow squashes. Stir in vinegar to last batch, and let evaporate slightly. Return all batches of zucchini and yellow squashes to skillet, and stir in oregano. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with oregano sprigs.