Prepare this fresh-tomato-based salsa ahead of time and use it as a taco topping or dip for chips. Martha Stewart Living, May 2008. Recipe by Lucinda Scala Quinn.
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 Serrano or jalapeno chiles, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more to season to taste
Stir together tomatoes, onion, chiles, cilantro, water, and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt. Season with more salt to taste. (Salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)