Use this green sauce recipe with Chicken Enchiladas Salsa Verde. From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chiles, stems removed
- 14 whole tomatillos, peeled and simmered in water for 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Preheat the broiler. Place the onion, garlic, and chiles on a baking sheet. Broil for 4 minutes, or until charred and blistered. Discard the garlic skin. Place the onion, garlic, and chiles in a blender jar with the tomatillos, peanuts, salt, and broth. Blend until smooth.
SourceMad Hungry, September Fall 2010