This recipe is from Pamela Fitzpatrick and Michael Grieb of Fox and Abel market in Chicago. They shared it with Martha Stewart Living Radio (Sirius channel 112).
Source: Radio, June Summer 2008
- 1 bag red leaf lettuce or spring mix
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup seasonal vegetables, medium dice
- 1/2 cup Fox & Abel balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 slices Neuske's bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar
Toss the vegetables and fruit with the vinaigrette and refrigerate for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, toss the pecans in the melted butter and then in the sugar
Spread the coated pecans out on a lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, until the coating is shiny
Cool and store covered at room temperature.