Cream Cheese Frosting
Use this frosting generously on our Carrot Cake.
- Yield: Makes enough for one 9-inch, three-layer cake
Photography: Kenji Toma
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and brought to room temperature
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted
Beat cream cheese and vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add butter, beating until incorporated after each addition.
Reduce speed to low. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, and beat until fluffy and smooth.