Grilled Chicken with Cilantro Mint Rub
Don't let the chicken cook too long, or the rub will darken.
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grill or grill pan
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half and each half cut into thirds
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine parsley, mint, garlic, jalapeno, lemon juice, salt, cumin and oil. Arrange chicken in a nonreactive dish. Spread green paste over each piece of chicken.
Heat a well-oiled grill set over medium-high heat until very hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is cooked throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 1999