Pair this Moroccan-spiced chicken from the February 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living with Olive, Apricot, and Pistachio Couscous for a mouthwatering meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole chicken (4 pounds), quartered, skin on
- 1 lemon, quartered
Place a rimmed baking sheet on the center rack of oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix spices, 2 teaspoons salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, and the oil in a small bowl. Rub spice paste all over chicken.
Carefully arrange chicken in a single layer on hot sheet, and arrange lemon wedges around chicken. Bake until chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer and juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with pan juices and roasted lemon wedges on the side.