Serve this at room temperature. Two hours before serving, remove from the refrigerator.
- 1 Yukon gold potato (3 ounces), peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped (2 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (about 3 ounces)
- 6 cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 slices (each 1 inch wide) green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the potato in a small saucepan; cover with cold water. Place over high heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and mash very well with a fork; set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse briefly until mixture is coarsely pureed. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; whisk in reserved potato until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and transfer to the refrigerator.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December 2000
Today's Most Pinned
Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good
Broiled Chicken with Onion and Golden Raisin Chutney
Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with Horseradish and Apples
Eggplant and Mozzarella Melt
Butternut Squash with Brown Butter
Couscous Salad with Black Beans, Mushrooms, and Corn