Zucchini and Chicken Salad
A relaxing meal made without turning on the oven (although you do use the stove) is just right for a warm summer night.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and slice thinly.
Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, pecans, Parmesan, and mint. Serve.