Serve this tasty tapenade recipe, adapted from the Living TV show, with our prosciutto and pesto panini.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1997
- 1 cup Kalamata or Nicoise olives, pitted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 oil-cured anchovy fillets
- Zest of half a lemon
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarsely chop olives garlic, capers, anchovies, and lemon zest on a parchment covered cutting board. Place chopped mixture in a bowl. Add pepper, mustard, parsley, and stir in enough olive oil to bind the mixture together.