Swiss Chard Tzatziki
- 1 cup green or red Swiss chard, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut into wedges and toasted
Prepare an ice bath; set aside. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add chard; cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain. Immediately plunge into ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain.
Using a mortar and pestle, grind garlic and salt into a paste. Stir chard, yogurt, garlic paste, oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Serve with pita wedges. Tzatziki can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week.
SourceMartha Stewart Living