Show your holiday cheer with an elegant medallion made from deep-red dried pomegranates and sparkling gold leaves. This festive decoration is inspired by Martha Stewart Living's Pomegranate Door Display.
Tools and Materials
- Circle cutter
- 18-gauge floral wire
- Wire cutter
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Fourteen large magnolia leaves
- Gold floral spray
- Dried pomegranates
Pomegranate Medallion How-To
1. Cut 5 1/2-inch and 4-inch cardstock circles with circle cutter.
2. Twist a 9-inch length of 18-gauge floral wire into a loop. Use hot glue to attach ends of loop to center of larger paper circle. Glue smaller paper circle on top, being sure to secure edges. Find the center of the larger circle and mark with a pencil.
3. Trim 14 large magnolia leaf stems to the bottom of the leaf. Set seven leaves aside, and spray the other seven with gold floral spray. Let dry.
4. Use hot glue to attach unpainted leaves, green side down, to the larger circle. Place the bottom of each leaf at the center mark of the circle and arrange leaves in a flower formation.
5. Glue gold leaves, gold side up, over the first set of leaves in the same way, filling in spaces and creating a second flower formation.
6. Glue three dried pomegranates together. Glue pomegranates to the center of the magnolia leaves.
Dried pomegranates from Dry Nature. Circle cutter from Martha Stewart Crafts. Master floral spray paint in antique gold from Direct Floral Supplies. Floral wire available from amazon.com. All other tools and materials available from your local floral or craft supply store.