1 of 4
Northern Spur PreserveThe High Line was originally constructed in the 1930s, to lift dangerous freight trains off Manhattan's streets. By the end of this year, the High Line will be a 1.5-mile-long elevated park, running through the Meatpacking District and West Chelsea neighborhoods. This photo is of the Northern Spur Preserve, between West 16th Street and West 17th Street, looking south towards the Statue of Liberty.
2 of 4
Typical Cross StreetWest 20th Street, looking east.
3 of 4
Washington GrasslandsThese grasslands are between Little West 12th Street and West 13th Street.
4 of 4
Gansevoort WoodlandThis section of the park streches from Gansevoort Street to Little West 12th Street.
You Just Viewed
Views from the High LineReplay
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Embroidery Projects
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Bedroom Organizers
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- Roast Chicken 101
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Double-Duty Dinners
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers