1 of 4
Northern Spur PreserveThe High Line was originally constructed in the 1930s, to lift dangerous freight trains off Manhattan's streets. By the end of this year, the High Line will be a 1.5-mile-long elevated park, running through the Meatpacking District and West Chelsea neighborhoods. This photo is of the Northern Spur Preserve, between West 16th Street and West 17th Street, looking south towards the Statue of Liberty.
2 of 4
Typical Cross StreetWest 20th Street, looking east.
3 of 4
Washington GrasslandsThese grasslands are between Little West 12th Street and West 13th Street.
4 of 4
Gansevoort WoodlandThis section of the park streches from Gansevoort Street to Little West 12th Street.
You Just Viewed
Views from the High LineReplay
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Bedroom Organizers
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Roast Chicken 101
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Embroidery Projects
- Our Favorite Bathrooms