1 of 4
Northern Spur PreserveThe High Line was originally constructed in the 1930s, to lift dangerous freight trains off Manhattan's streets. By the end of this year, the High Line will be a 1.5-mile-long elevated park, running through the Meatpacking District and West Chelsea neighborhoods. This photo is of the Northern Spur Preserve, between West 16th Street and West 17th Street, looking south towards the Statue of Liberty.
2 of 4
Typical Cross StreetWest 20th Street, looking east.
3 of 4
Washington GrasslandsThese grasslands are between Little West 12th Street and West 13th Street.
4 of 4
Gansevoort WoodlandThis section of the park streches from Gansevoort Street to Little West 12th Street.
You Just Viewed
Views from the High LineReplay
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Roast Chicken 101
- Embroidery Projects
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- Bedroom Organizers
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids