1 of 12
Meet the latest additions to Martha's household. This is Empress Tang, who, with her sister, Princess Peony, is a dominant calico Persian. They were born on May 11, 2009, and moved in exactly four months later.
2 of 12
This is Princess Peony, Empress Tang's beautiful sister. "Empress Tang and Princess Peony have acclimated nicely to their new home and are so joyful, as only kittens can be," Martha reports.
3 of 12
A Tearful Goodbye
Here, Pam Rutan Dillmuth of Top Shelf Persians, who bred Princess Peony and Empress Tang, kisses her changes goodbye after delivering them to Martha's home. Martha became aware of Top Shelf Persians when her friend, Grace Coddington, the Creative Director of Vogue, used some of Pam's cats in a photo shoot for the magazine.
4 of 12
Electra the Cat
Martha and Electra in the laundry room of her Bedford house.
5 of 12
Martha and Co.
Martha makes room for her cats.
6 of 12
Electra and Sirius
Electra and Sirius at play in Martha's kitchen.
7 of 12
Vivaldi in the Crafts Room
Vivaldi checks out Martha's new attic crafts room, which has become an outlet for creativity, and the results are evident throughout her Bedford house.
8 of 12
Verdi and Vivaldi's Birthday
Martha recently hosted an impromptu birthday party in Bedford for two of her Himalayan cats, Verdi and Vivaldi. The party-goers were anxious to dig in to the tiered cakes, made with all-natural cat food and sprinkled with kibble.
10 of 12
This scratching post was made from a fallen tree on Martha's property. It's 18 inches tall, but you can make yours any size.
You Just Viewed
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- A Blueprint for Color
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Decorate with Brass
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- The Barest Simmer
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains