1 of 5
A spatchcocked turkey requires a slightly different carving technique than a bird cooked the traditional way, but the basic approach remains the same: Remove the legs and wings, and then slice the breast meat.
2 of 5
Cut Legs from Breast
With a sharp chef's knife, remove each leg by cutting through the turkey where the thigh connects to the breast.
3 of 5
Separate Drumsticks and Thighs
At the joint of each leg, cut drumstick from thigh. Transfer thighs and drumsticks to a warm platter. Tent with foil.
4 of 5
Cut Wings and Breast
On one side, find the joint connecting wing and breast, and cut through it (not shown). Repeat to cut off other wing. Cut breast meat into two pieces, slicing along either side of breastbone.
5 of 5
Slice Breast Meat
Slice the breast meat across the grain. Arrange on the platter with the dark meat, and add the wings.
You Just Viewed
How to Carve a Spatchcocked TurkeyReplay
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Bedroom Organizers
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Roast Chicken 101
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Embroidery Projects
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids